Lumeris Realizes Milestone Achievements in 2018, Including Record Organic Growth and New Strategic Alliances with Cerner and Mutual of Omaha
Leading healthcare company continues to build on its transformational model for achieving value-based care success
ST. LOUIS, MO — January 07, 2019 — Lumeris, an industry leader in value-based care, today announced that the company achieved several significant milestones in 2018, including strategic agreements with key industry organizations, partnerships with new provider organizations and/or health plans, excellent results from health plan clients, and a significant expansion of its workforce to accommodate for company growth.
For more than a decade, Lumeris has helped organizations transform their care delivery models from fee-for-service to the company’s proven collaborative value-based care model. Lumeris’ first client, Essence Healthcare, achieved groundbreaking success with its Medicare Advantage (MA) plan. Since then, Lumeris has experienced rapid growth as more payers and healthcare delivery systems, as well as organizations aligning to become provider-payer entities, sought Lumeris’ expertise to guide them through this monumental shift in healthcare. 2018 was no exception.
“We are tremendously proud of our 2018 accomplishments across the spectrum of new partnerships and client successes, as well as our own milestone achievement in employee growth,” said W. Michael Long, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Essence Group Holdings Corporation and Lumeris Chief Executive Officer. “2019 is already poised to be even more exciting for Lumeris, as well as our partners, clients, and members, as we officially launch several of the ventures we announced in 2018.”
Some of Lumeris’ most notable 2018 achievements include:
- A strategic alliance with Mutual of Omaha. Lumeris and Mutual of Omaha announced a multi-year agreement to create Medicare Advantage (MA) plans with prescription drug coverage in select markets across the country. Lumeris and Mutual of Omaha launched a MA plan across greater Cincinnati with local healthcare systems TriHealth and St. Elizabeth Healthcare, as well as a MA plan in greater San Antonio with Tenet’s Baptist Health Systems and physicians affiliated with Baptist Integrated Physician Partners.
- The introduction of Maestro Advantage. Lumeris and Cerner announced a 10-year collaboration to help simplify the complexities of value-based care and support outcomes through operational expertise and EHR-agnostic technologies. The strategic alliance combines Cerner technology and Lumeris services designed to help streamline redundant processes, reduce lengthy claims processing and reimbursement cycles, and improve data and record sharing.
- New partnerships. Lumeris onboarded several healthcare provider organizations and/or health plans, including BayCare Health System, the largest not-for-profit health care provider in the Tampa Bay area, and LCMC Health, a Louisiana-based, not-for-profit hospital system serving the healthcare needs of the Gulf Coast region.
- High-performing clients. Several Lumeris clients were recognized for their high-performance, including Essence Healthcare, Lumeris’ inaugural client. Essence earned its 8th consecutive Star Rating of 4.5 or higher in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ 2019 Medicare Advantage Health Plan Star Ratings. In addition, Lumeris supported its provider partners with comprehensive programs such as closing gaps in care to improve quality outcomes, and engaging providers through education, operational services, and actionable insights to drive more accurate and complete documentation and coding for high risk patients.
- Workforce expansion. Thanks to the company’s significant growth and excellent performance, 400 new team members joined the company’s workforce. Lumeris now employs more than 1,000 individuals.
- Industry recognition and leadership. Lumeris’ parent company, Essence Group Holdings, was named the “Most Valuable Startup” in Missouri by Business Insider, a fast-growing business website with deep financial, media, tech, and other industry verticals. In addition, the Healthcare Businesswoman’s Association (HBA) of St. Louis honored Lumeris Chief Medical Officer Debbie Zimmerman, MD with Healthcare Vision award. Lumeris senior leaders also delivered presentations and participated in roundtable discussions at over a dozen top-tier industry conferences and events.
“The road ahead for healthcare is collaborative, risk-bearing and value-based, resulting in higher-quality outcomes for populations and increased satisfaction for patients and physicians,” said Long. “Our proven methodology, leading technology and the associated improved outcomes and provider engagement have created a groundswell of interest from all stakeholders in the healthcare industry. We look forward to making more of those opportunities come to fruition.”
Lumeris is a value-based care managed services operator for health systems and providers seeking extraordinary clinical and financial outcomes. Lumeris aligns providers and payers across populations with technologies, processes, behaviors and information to achieve high-quality, cost-effective care with satisfied consumers — and engaged physicians. For the past eight years, Lumeris with Essence Healthcare, its inaugural client and learning laboratory with more than 65,000 Medicare members in Missouri and Illinois, has received 4.5- to 5-Star Ratings from the CMS and produced the highest consumer and physician satisfaction scores in the industry along with significantly better clinical outcomes and lower costs. For more information, go to www.lumeris.com.
Marcus Gordon, Head of Corporate Marketing and Communications, 678-358-4807